Do you want to take your Thrive practice to the next level? Are you looking for ways to use Thrive to reach more of the children in your setting? Would you like to work more closely with parents and carers but lack the tools you need to do it?
If so, then Course Leader for Family Thrive could be the course for you. This intensive course is run over 4 webinars and a final assessment day which will equip you with the skills and resources you need to run a six-session Family Thrive programme for groups of parents and carers in your setting. The purpose of this programme is to share the key principles of the Thrive Approach with parents and carers in an accessible way so that they are better able to understand and support the work that you are doing in your setting. For this reason, the Family Thrive programme is particularly suitable for settings that have adopted a whole setting approach to Thrive.
During the course, you will learn about the content of the Family Thrive programme and how to deliver it effectively to groups of parents and carers.
The course involves the following elements:
2 x E-Learning Modules, 4 x 3hr Virtual training sessions and a final assessment day during which you will run a short presentation of 15 minutes
About this course
- E-learning module 1: During this three-hour e-learning module at the start of the course, you will have the opportunity to refresh your understanding of the Thrive theory and underpinning neuroscience.
- Virtual training session 1: explore the content of the Family Thrive programme, develop your skills in group facilitation and explore some of the practical, logistical and administrative issues involved in running a Family Thrive programme, understanding the assessment process.
- Virtual training session 2: experience some of the group activities and practise presenting some of the theory and concepts of the Thrive Approach.
- Virtual training session 3: experience more of the group activities and practise presenting more of the theory and concepts of the Thrive Approach.
- Virtual training session 4: deepening your understanding of self-regulation and emotional triggers, using circle time activities, as well as preparation for assessment.
- E-learning module 2: Which will prepare you for delivering Family Thrive in your setting.
- Final Assessment: you will be asked to complete a final assessment in which you will be leading a Family Thrive programme activity and receiving feedback from your trainer. During this process, you will be assessed on your knowledge of the Thrive theory and your ability to deliver the materials. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will emerge as a Thrive Course Leader, licensed to deliver the Family Thrive programme to groups of parents and carers.
Is this course for me?
This course is for you if:
- You’d like to take your Thrive practice to the next level by sharing the Thrive Approach with groups of parents and carers.
- You would like to learn how to make the principles of the Thrive Approach accessible to others.
- You feel comfortable with the idea of presenting information and running group activities.
- There is the opportunity to run a Family Thrive group in your setting.
- Your setting can provide you with the resources and space to run a Family Thrive group for parents and carers.
- There is someone in your setting who is available to act as a co-professional who can help you run a Family Thrive group for parents and carers.
- Your setting has adopted or is adopting the Thrive Approach as a whole school ethos.
Please note: Full attendance is required on this course in order for delegates to gain Thrive Course Leader status. Any missed sessions will incur an additional charge, please see our training terms and conditions for further information. Delivery of subsequent Family Thrive courses in your setting is supported and Quality Assured by Thrive. To maintain Course Leader status a minimum of one course must be delivered annually and an annual Course Leader license fee applies (The license fee takes effect from the start of the academic year after which Course Leader status is gained and currently costs £125 + VAT for the academic year 2019-20. It covers materials required to run the Family Thrive Programme which are supplied by Thrive and invoicing details for this annual license fee must be provided on booking).
Open to: Licensed Practitioners (EY and Childhood) and above. Particularly suitable for those who have a designated role in working with families with children up to the age of 11 or would like to develop this as part of their role.
Resources required: Delegates need to provide their own laptop/tablet and have access to a laptop in their setting, creative materials eg paper, felt pens/crayons/pencils, play doh, scissors, tape etc
Price valid for a start date before 31st August 2021.
For more information, please contact Thrive on 01392 797555 Option 1.