This free Virtual Open Event is an opportunity for new schools to find out more about Thrive and to hear first-hand how a well established Thrive setting has implemented the Approach and the impact they have seen.
About this course
Current brain science shows that for many young people in school, their stress management, emotional regulation and seeking /exploring systems are not yet sufficiently developed for them to access learning. The Thrive Approach has been developed to address these needs. It equips staff to see and understand behaviour as communication and it gives them the tools and techniques to support the emotional and social development needed to access learning.
The session is aimed at Heads/SENCo's and Strategic Leads. It will give you the opportunity to hear first-hand how an established Thrive setting is using Thrive and learn how the Thrive Approach works in practice.
In the session you will:
- be introduced to the Thrive Approach, our training and Thrive-Online, our web-based mapping, measuring, monitoring and action-planning tool
- learn why the setting has introduced Thrive and how they have embedded the Approach for the whole school
- explore what a Thrive room looks like and a selection of different Thrive sessions
- discuss the different roles of staff, in particular the lead Licensed Practitioner role
- find out how Thrive-Online can be used to screen classes and how the data can be used to monitor the progress of social and emotional development of all children
- see how a Thrive-Online Individual Action plan is created and how age appropriate strategies are selected
- learn how all staff can be involved through a Whole School Approach
- get some tips and strategies on how to successfully embed the Approach fully in a school
- learn how the Approach involves parents and how it has been received
- find out how effective Thrive is in improving the emotional resilience of all children
- meet one of our Thrive Relationship Managers, who provide ongoing support to settings using Thrive.
This session is free and must be booked through the Website.
Please note each attendee will be required to register and make their individual booking.
To contact Thrive for more information on 01392 797555 option 1.