These courses are designed to equip Senior Leadership Teams with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to take a strategic approach to embedding Thrive across your setting. The focus is on a whole-school approach to supporting age-appropriate social and emotional development for every child.
Also included, for settings new to Thrive, is a FREE 30-day Thrive-Online trial - our profiling and action-planning tool.
About this course
This course will provide you with a strategic perspective on the Thrive Approach. It will help you to consider how best to develop a whole-setting wellbeing programme while up-skilling your team with the latest thinking around emotional resilience and engaging young people with their learning. It will explore how you can create a culture that facilitates the wellbeing of both students and staff.
Grounded with insights from established neuroscience, attachment theory and child development, the Thrive Approach will enable your team to meet the social and emotional needs of all students, with no one slipping through the net.
You will be equipped with the strategic knowledge and understanding needed to support students’ development and take a whole-setting approach to social and emotional wellbeing. The two-day intensive training will introduce you to the Approach, give you a clear understanding of the Thrive development model, and show you how to apply this to support age-appropriate social and emotional learning across your setting.
The course will demonstrate how Thrive-Online, our profiling and action-planning tool, can be used to identify where young people are in their social and emotional development and identify strategies and action plans that will meet their needs. Of particular importance are the monitoring and measuring features of Thrive-Online which can be used to evaluate the impact of Thrive, while also helping you to target limited resources where they are needed most.
Our experienced course leaders will explore how you can strategically embed Thrive across your setting, building this into the everyday curriculum, routines and structures. You will be provided with the support and resources needed to introduce Thrive to your team and implement a whole-setting approach to wellbeing.
“If you are an inclusive school, that places the student at the centre of everything you do, Thrive will seamlessly support your current day to day activities. Thrive provides a framework around which school policies and procedures can work in an enlightened and effective way.”
This course is ideal for Heads, Assistant Heads, Deputy Heads, Governors and senior or middle leaders with responsibility for pastoral support, safeguarding, special educational needs and the SEMH curriculum.
The course is highly recommended for settings new to Thrive as well as those looking for further guidance on embedding the Approach as a whole-setting programme for wellbeing.
Please note there are also versions of this course for Childhood (Key Stage 1 and 2) and Wales (Key Stage 1 and 2).
During the course you will explore:
- the links between social and emotional development and maximising learning potential to raise standards of achievement
- the adolescent changes to the brain and body, and the impact of these on teenagers’ behaviour
- appropriate expectations of behaviour at ‘right-time’ development stages and how to support the development of these
- how Thrive-Online is used to screen, action plan and measure whole groups and individuals
- the interpretation of Thrive-Online data to evidence progress and demonstrate the impact of the Thrive Approach for a range of audiences
- the impact of existing policies and procedures on the social and emotional development of students
- developing a whole-school, trauma-sensitive approach to support the social and emotional health of all students in your setting.
By the end of the course
You will have a strategic overview of how the Thrive Approach can support the social and emotional development of all students (and staff) in your setting. You will have a vision for how best to create the culture and environment that facilitates wellbeing and will also have identified the key members of your team that will become your Thrive leads.
If you require any further information or would like to make a booking, please contact the Relationship Development team on 01392 797555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Set of Thrive Posters per school.
2. For schools new to Thrive, 30 days free access for all staff to Thrive-Online for whole class ‘right time’ screening. (Please note that a software subscription needs to be in place following this period in order for the school to have ongoing access to Thrive-Online.)
Please note: Delegates will need to provide their own Wi-Fi enabled Laptop or Tablet
Price valid for a start date before 31st August 2020.
Please contact Thrive for more information on 01392 797555 option 1.