The role of the Marketing Communications Manager is to manage the operational marketing communications activities for Thrive. This includes developing the annual operational communications plan, managing the day-to-day implementation with the Marketing Communications team and reporting on the impact of the plan against agreed key performance indicators. The postholder will have line management responsibility for the Marketing Coordinator, Press Officer and Graphic Designer.
Service Specific Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Marketing with the development of the overall marketing strategy for Thrive.
- Coordinate the translation of the marketing strategy into an annual operational marketing communications plan that includes channels for key audiences, including business-to-business and business-to-consumer.
- Take the lead on the implementation of the annual operational plan and coordinating the support required from the Marketing Communications team to ensure all activity is on schedule and on budget.
- Develop and manage the Marketing Communications team to ensure a high quality, customer focused service – both internally and externally.
- Oversee and maintain the corporate website ensuring content is relevant and up-to-date, maximising SEO performance and developing the user experience to generate leads.
- Manage the day-to-day Marketing Communications spend, monitoring spend against the Marketing Communications budget and reporting any forecasting concerns to the Head of Marketing.
- Brief other Thrive teams on upcoming campaigns, liaising with other teams where support is required to ensure all potential leads are effectively captured and the impact of a campaign can be measured.
- Liaise with the Head of UK Regional Development to ensure that Thrive is represented at external events in line with agreed operational plans, is within the budget and appropriately resourced (staffing and materials).
- Develop further promotional channels of communication currently under-utilised, such as videos and podcasts, with the Marketing Communications team.
- Regularly monitor the agreed key performance indicators, identifying any trends and collating a monthly report with the Marketing Communications team to include web traffic, social media engagement, leads generated from awareness campaigns and enquiries from events.
- Keep abreast of trends in the key sectors relevant to the company’s products and services, in particular monitoring competitor activity, to support business development and new product development.
- Serve as both an internal and external champion of the brand helping to ensure a consistent portrayal of the Thrive ethos and core values.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience of working in a marketing role, with a proven track record of successfully managing projects and overseeing staff.
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, mass mailing platforms and online survey software.
- Experience of web publishing (preferably a user of Word Press), search engine optimization and website analytics.
- Experience of digital marketing and advertising, include Google AdWords campaigns, and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task whilst being confident to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in an education, training or IT-based service sector, with both business-to-business and business-to-consumer focused activity.
- Educated to degree level with at least a GCSE grade B in English Language, or equivalent.
- Professional marketing qualification, or equivalent.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud applications for design, photography and video.
- Experience of producing podcasts and video editing.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting new opportunity, then please email your CV and covering letter to our HR Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on Sunday 27 June 2021
- Anticipated start date: September 2021